Running

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Awards
Does anyone go running as a hobby? Have you done any distance running for charity, or recreationally? Do you do Parkruns -are these as popular in the USA?

I wouldn't say that I run regularly enough to class it as a hobby, although I do find it does my mental health a world of good. I can just escape my own thoughts for a bit, and concentrate on reaching a finish line whether it's a physical one or a goal that I have set myself (X number of laps around the park).

I've done 2-3 half-marathons, and 4-5 10K runs for charity - my first half-marathon was done with practically zero training. I think my best times were about 2h 24m for a half, and 1h 5m for a 10K. I'd love to do some proper training and try to beat those times someday.. Possibly to build myself up toward a full marathon (for some reason I fancy doing London and New York).

I've done about 20 Parkruns, and plan on doing them again once they're back up and running to try and lose a bit of weight.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Mod
Ratings
Awards
I do it for health, but i mix it with walks and jogging. I'm more of the riding a bike guy now :p