Home or theater?

JennyorAlice

Jul 23, 2020
Do you prefer to watch movies at home or in a movie theater? Why do you prefer that over the other?

If you do both, how often do you do each?

Lokyr

Jul 1, 2021
I actually like both settings and don't really have a preference. I am a huge movie nerd so I watch movies when they're released fairly often; I love the atmosphere and the general experience of it; the company, the snacks and of course new content. Though, that being said I do also rather enjoy just putting a movie on at home, getting cozy with blankets and whatnot and have the ability to pause or rewind whenever necessary. Either option is just fine with me!

TopSilver

CD Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
Awards:
Definitely at home but would be nice if someone had a home theater basically in their house. It's never the same. Watching a movie in theaters is so much more fun but I just can't ever bring myself to want to see one bad enough to leave the house just to do it.

HolisticStorm

Jun 29, 2021
I do not like going to the theater. I rarely watch movies, but when I do, I do it at home. Going anywhere where there is likely going to be a crowd is not my cup of tea.

MrGreen

Jul 4, 2021
Nothing to beat the experience of watching movie in a theatre. However, it's quite a long time since I have visited a theatre. With the pandamic not relenting, I find it safe to watch movies at home. You can not recreate the big screen and sound effects at home, but I am just happy with the way it is. Probably when things start to ease and when it's safe to be in the crowd, I will re-watch my favourite movies in the theatre if it's still showing then.

StarShip

Jul 5, 2021
I love theatres, especially Imax. Seeing movies with super special effects that too in 3d is awesome experience.
Unfortunately due to this pandemic have stopped visiting theatres now and stuck to home theatre.:cry:

ShadoX

Jul 4, 2021
I like both. But currently am missing theatre. Before pandemic, I used to watch movie in theatres atleast once a month.

Jason

Jul 23, 2020
Awards:
Prefer to watch movies in a quiet place which is sweet home. Chit-chatting, breaking the silence when some scary scene comes happens in Theater which i don't like.

Demon_skeith

May 6, 2020
Awards:
Depends, its easy to set up your own home theater these days if you don't have neighbors that is. Also depends on the movie, most I rather watch in the theater.

Phoenix

Contributor
Jul 9, 2021
Awards:
I prefer watching a movie at home with friends. I have bad experience with theater the crowd destroyed the movie for me, one