Do you prefer physical books or e-books?

marteebe

Ratings
A simple one this one - do you prefer the feel of a physical book in your hands or are you more of a digital e-book kind of person? For me, a physical book feels OK and more 'real' but I find it much easier to read an e-book as opposed to a physical one. I tend to read the e-book more regularly and quicker than I would a 'normal' book. I'm currently reading an e-copy of a travelers book about how he visited every country in the world and having it in a digital format just makes it feel more 'modern' and interactive than a real copy.

What do you prefer?

ZandraJoi

Ratings
Awards
Physical book, hands down. We don't do cell phones, Kindle, etc. I also unplug quite often from technology. When I'm sitting outside, I like having a book with paper & pen. I'm always taking notes! There was a report awhile ago that if you bought a book on Kindle, they can delete it. That to me is wrong. If I buy it, I want to have it forever. I don't know if they changed this rule yet. I also don't buy books too often but rather I get them from the library.

Dan The Man

Ratings
Call me old fashioned but I enjoy physical books. I also have a booshelf that I like to add all my completed books to.

JennyorAlice

Ratings
I normally use my Kindle when I'm traveling. It allows me to bring along a lot of literature to read without taking up a lot of space in my carry-on.

The rest of the time, I'm normally reading the actual physical book. I like the smell of books as I'm reading and that's something that you don't get when you're on an e-reader or tablet.

MrGreen

Ratings
I still prefer to read physical books rather than e-books. Could be because I spent a lot of time online for my studies and work and it has taken toll on my eyes. Somehow having a book in hand and absorbing the written material in it gives me more satisfaction. In an era wherein you can have anything and everything in digital form, I feel there should be some habits like book reading, which should remain as it is.

StarShip

Ratings
I love E-Books and the reason I love ebooks is because of Kindle. It is amazing and has almost all the books in the world. The subscription plans are very affordable and credit system for buying and exchanging of book is much appreciated.

Users Name

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
I'm biased since I haven't used an e-book so I'd say physical but on the bright side, I spend too much time looking at a screen a day, so that's an excuse to stick to paperback. Another reason is the smell of the book kind of gets you back into the world of the novel after you've left off, which doesn't seem to happen if I'm reading off of a screen. The only downside of me having paperbacks now is I don't re-read books as much so they collect dust more and I don't like selling books since I just like the look of a full bookshelf.

ShadoX

Ratings
The feel of physical book in your hand cannot match with e-book to me. I love to buy books and read.

RyCanadian

Ratings
Awards
I have a Kindle and I read books on there everyday. I no longer use physical books as they take up way too much physical space. My Kindle can hold 15,000 digital books though I'll probably never own that many :D It makes it so much easier to travel with as you can bring your whole library of books with you on one device!

Demon_skeith

Ratings
Awards
ebooks are easier to carry around for obvious reasons, but I rather have the book as I don't have to rely on tech to make it load the pages.

Ash

Ratings
eBooks are definitely better in the sense that they are environmentally friendly and a lot easier to carry around like Demon mentioned. But I would honestly always go for physical books because it just feels a lot better in your hands. The smell of the book and the feeling you get when you turn a page is just great. And eBooks can never replace that unfortunately.

Lokyr

Ratings
I'm more of a fan of physical books, personally. I like the feel of them in my hands and the new book smell as odd as that sounds.

I have a hefty book collection budding. <3

Sincerem

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
Most of the books I read this days are mainly E-books I can remember how many hours I've spend reading physical books, but E-books are countless.

TopSilver

CD Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Awards
I'm more of a fan of physical books, personally. I like the feel of them in my hands and the new book smell as odd as that sounds.

I have a hefty book collection budding. <3
Most of the books I read this days are mainly E-books I can remember how many hours I've spend reading physical books, but E-books are countless.

I'm more in agreeance with @Lokyr and I can't understand how people are able to absorb an Ebook unless read on a Kindle device. Even then it would be fairly difficult to stay focused. I prefer physical books as they tend to be best when you can hold it in your hand as @Lokyr said and bookmarking pages makes for good reading session breaks.

Sincerem

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
I'm more in agreeance with @Lokyr and I can't understand how people are able to absorb an Ebook unless read on a Kindle device. Even then it would be fairly difficult to stay focused. I prefer physical books as they tend to be best when you can hold it in your hand as @Lokyr said and bookmarking pages makes for good reading session breaks.
That's best for you dear. Every one has their own preference. Ever since I started making use if smart phone, the time I spent using it, is whopping, that's why I spend more time reading the electronic books.